Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #513 by Flatpicker
Replied by Flatpicker on topic Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card
In clear words: using an Acer Iconia 10 with a 32GB SD card I can't use this external memory?! To avoid internal memory overflow I need this external extension! (I have more apps than just lyricpad)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #514 by admin
I have never heard of any situation where the folder display did not show the external sd card folders.
The folder display is generated by the android os file system.
I can't see how it would be possible that it did not list the sdcard.
Open folder display, browse to the root folder, take a screenshot of what you see and post it here.
The sdcard folder must be there but may be called something you are unfamiliar with.

More
1 year 2 months ago #839 by Tb
I know this is old, but was this issue ever resolved? I'm having exact problem with LP2

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #840 by tr4howell
Replied by tr4howell on topic Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card
LP still doesn't recognize an SD card. It's blamed on Android memory permissions. The card is there in other apps and files management view. I copied lyric and audio folders to the SD card and set the folder location to the SD card in LP and LP still defaults back to internal memory. I gave up.

More
1 year 2 months ago #841 by dneilsen
Lyric Pad. was written for the Android 2.2 API and in those early days, the permission systems were lax compared to today. This is why Lyric Pad. was deprecated and rewritten (Lyric Pad 3) which does work with sd cards.

More
1 year 2 months ago #842 by Tb
Long story, but thing is, it was using the sd card for years on both my tablets. bought a new tablet couple or three years ago and left LP on the old one. for a back. Fast forward to few nights ago. Wife was using the old tablet and had recently deleted LP to make room on internal memory. Well, we needed both tabs for a gig. All the Lyric files were still on the old tab, on the sd card. When re-installed LP, the sd card did not come up as an option.
So... i looked at mine and sure enough it showed the sd card as the location. Then... I selected the sd card on mine, and it just disappeared. poof. Couldn't get it back. As per instructions on one of these questions, i reset LP. Nothing. Nada. Just did some emulated directory somewhere on the internal drive. Absolutely no option to select sd. It worked years like that and now... nada. And yes, the permissions are there as are the files.

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds