Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #457 by tr4howell
Replied by tr4howell on topic Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card
Also got a warning: Lyricpad has read only access to specified folders, will not be able to write to or edit files and will not function. This warning did not appear after initial change when folder was a green folder but did appear after checking folder location edit. LyricPad now does not list the Lyric folder in SDcard as a selectable folder (green or red).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #458 by admin
When you are changing the path in lyric pad options can you see the txt files listed in the selected path?
On some android devices the file system will have two sdcard folders and the real sdcsrd is often something like /extsdcard/ whilst /sdcard/ is often the internal memory.

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #459 by tr4howell
I see folders and files in the SDcard when using the Android "My Files" tool. I do not see them when setting file location inside LyricPad. Selecting Open Lyrics reports no files found as the internal folder is empty. Also set LyricPad storage location to be External in Setup, Apps, Storage Android 7.0 tool.

I created a new test lyric file in LyricPad after checking read/write permissions and file location set to SDcard/LyricPad/Lyrics/. I discovered LyricPad is writing to internal storage even though file location is set to SDcard. (Android 7.0) I performed the same test on my old tablet (Samsung 10.1 2014, Android OS 5.1.1) and found LyricPad is also writing to internal storage even though file location is set to SDcard.

/extsdcard/ is not listed using "My Files" tool or file location in LyricPad. Only listing is sdcard.

All of this has not been an issue until I started adding mp3 backing tracks with lyrics as they fill up internal memory pretty quickly. I would expect LyricPad to write to the storage location set In LyricPad and App storage location in App Setup tool. It ignores these settings and read/writes to internal storage.

If you are working on LyricPad 3.0, I hope this file management issue can be resolved. It is literally a show stopper for me. I'm not a programmer or want to be a beta tester. Just want the app to work so I can perform live.

Thanks for looking into this issue. Appreciate your help.

Tim

More
6 years 5 months ago #460 by admin
The only reason lyric pad will default back to its base directory is if it has no access to the selected directory.
What is your lyrics path on each of your tablets?

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #461 by tr4howell
As listed above /sdcard/LyricPad/Lyrics/ in both tablets. Both tablets indicate read/write access to external (sdcard) storage in app setup, storage. New lyric files created in LyricPad write in internal storage.

Followed your setup guide in help, did all the suggestions above, checked app permissions in app setup, updated with your last patch. Done.

More
6 years 4 months ago #462 by admin
Ok, first up.
Just because the app has storage permission it does not mean that the atop is given access to your sdcard. It means that the app is given acces to the storage system in the location that android allows it to.

What i want you to do is this.
- open lyric pad
- go to the help page and press the reset button. Thus will reset lyric pad to its install state.
- quit lyric pad
- restart lyric pad.
- now use your file management app on your device to find where the files silent night, Twinkie twinkle little star and sample file. Wherever these files are thus is the current lyrics directory, that is where you need to copy your lyric files into.
- copy your lyric files into the lyric directory
- quit and restart lyric pad

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds