Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #442 by tr4howell
After changing file location to /sdcard/lyricpad/Lyrics, LyricPad displays Warning: Your selected Lyrics Directory /sdcard/LyricPad/Lyrics does not exist! The folder and lyrics text files do exist in the SDcard. LyricPad also warns SDCard is read only and writes new folders to the internal memory. SDCard is not read only.

How do I make LyricPad recognise the SD Card?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #443 by admin
The Android OS is a very secure operating system and only allows applications access to certain areas of the file system.
In this case, the Android OS is only allowing Lyric Pad to have read only access to the path that you have selected.
This also changes from device to device. Some devices will allow Lyric Pad read/write access to sd cards while some others will not.
Unfortunately, there is no way (that I know of) to make Lyric Pad have write access to your sdcard on your device.

However, can I ask why do you need the files on your sdcard?
The lyric and set list files are tiny in size so it is not a space issue.
The only files of any size are the backing track mp3 files (if you use them) and the backing track path is fine to be read only anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tr4howell

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #444 by tr4howell
Replied by tr4howell on topic Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card
Lyric and setlist files are small and no problem for internal memory but mp3 files are filling up the internal memory with only 6 files. Lower resolution mp3 files would help but sound quality would suffer. Tested setting up LyricPad with setlist and lyric folders in internal storage and backing folder in SDCard as you suggested. LyricPad creates a new (empty) backing folder in internal memory when restarted despite file location settings of /sdcard/backing/ in the app. Audio does not play until I move audio files back to internal memory. backing folder.

Running LyricPad on a Samsung Tab A with Android OS version 7.0

Any suggestions?

More
6 years 5 months ago #445 by admin
Can you please post a screenshot of the folder location preferences that you are using?

• tr4howell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #447 by tr4howell
Replied by tr4howell on topic Lyric Pad does not recognise folders in SD Card
Here is my current file location preferences

File Location Preferences

Lyrics Folder
/storage/emulated/0/LyricPad/Lyrics/

Setlist Folder
/storage/emulated/0/LyricPad/SetLists/

Backing Track Folder
/sdcard/LyricPad/Backing

Checked app permissions. Lyric Pad has read-write access to the sdcard. A permissions warning also displays "This app was designed for an older version of Android. Denying permission may cause it to no longer function as intended."

More
6 years 5 months ago #449 by admin
What android version are you running?

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds