Setting a song tempo in performance mode

• Macbee1910
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #743 by Macbee1910
Setting a song tempo in performance mode was created by Macbee1910
Does anyone know how to set a song tempo in perform or create mode, in lyricpad 3

I've tried al, over and can only see the length of a song setting which seems to set the song either too slow or usually too fast and I'm struggling to get the lyrics in on time.

I think would be easier imo if you could set tempo and the song would remember it, if somebody knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #762 by PhilGnFla
Replied by PhilGnFla on topic Setting a song tempo in performance mode
8 months no reply? you've probably figured it out by now, but.; You set the songs tempo in Create, Edit, Metadata. In edit, the middle button (I) is Metadata. BUT, it doesn't appear to do too much as far as scrolling goes. Use the edit automation button (far right button at top) to set start delay and scroll speed. You can also insert "events" to control the scrolling.
Hope this helps,
phil

More
3 years 1 month ago #775 by PhilGnFla
Replied by PhilGnFla on topic Setting a song tempo in performance mode
A little more clarity here. In Create, select the Band, then select the song., then click the Edit button (pencil). On the edit screen, click on the slider to display edit options and tools. The (I) button at the top is the metadata. Set a duration, BPM, and beats per bar.

NOTE: First, I do not use Intelligent Automation. I use Basic Automation. With Basic Automation, this helps control the Count In (bars) (See Settings/Time Line) Also, in Settings/Automation, under Basic Automation, I have a Scroll Speed 16, and a Scroll Delay 30 seconds. I have Intelligent Automation disabled.

phil

More
3 years 1 month ago #779 by dneilsen
Replied by dneilsen on topic Setting a song tempo in performance mode
Hi guys,
I seem to have missed quite a few posts on here. My apologies.

Firstly
How to set tempo. As Phil mentioned open the editor, go to the meta data page and enter the tempo in the tempo field.
However.... This is nothing to do with the automation at all. Setting the tempo only gives the metronome the necessary data to work

Automation
There is 2 types of automation basic and intelligent. I suggest giving this page a quick read as it has some important info.
www.lyricpadapps.com/index.php/forum/lp3manual/237-3-10-automation-scrolling

I personally use intelligent automation for 99% of my songs. It is the easiest form of automation to set up because all you have to do is enter the song duration (in the meta data screen).

More
3 years 1 month ago #780 by dneilsen
Replied by dneilsen on topic Setting a song tempo in performance mode
Phil
Re your note on the automation types. Neither basic or intelligent automation have anything to do with the countin or are effected by the countin.
Have a quick look at this page in relation to the timeline.
www.lyricpadapps.com/index.php/forum/lp3manual/193-3-08-timeline

The automation will always only start at song start.
So in your case the scrolling starts 30 seconds from song start.

With intelligent automation what it does is it takes all the information that is known about the song (song duration, number of lines shown on the screen and the number of lines in the whole song).
From there it works out the optimum scroll speed and scroll start time to suit that particular song.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds