Page up and Down

• daddyrnr
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #640 by daddyrnr
Page up and Down was created by daddyrnr
I am trying to put my lyrics when it will display a page at a time using the air-turn pedal. It sees like no matter what I do with spacing etc...it never moves the same amount of lines when I depress the pedal. I am using page up and page down trying to accomplish this.

Is there a way to make it move an exact number of lines each time or am I missing something here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #641 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Page up and Down
Hi Daddyrnr
The issue is that a txt document is just a string of text so it does not have page designations.
I have tried to get around this by attempting to calculate how many lines are displayed on the screen at any time based on the current font but the information returned can differ from device to device.
This is especially an issue where the document in question has long lines that word wrap because then the line calculation becomes quick inaccurate.
If you want to manually scroll by page I would probably recommend using the half-page-up and half-page-down options as this will ensure there is not an overscroll situation.
Another option is to set a relatively quick scroll rate and just make a pedal for start scroll / pause scroll.
That way you can easily scroll the screen as much as you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds