Captial A is always interpretted as a chord.

• Innocent Smith
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #706 by Innocent Smith
Captial A is always interpretted as a chord. was created by Innocent Smith
First let me say that I really like this product! I find it to be the perfect balance between options and simplicity.

I love the automatic highlighting of chords and it seems to work perfectly, except... when you have a line that begins with an "A".

As in: "A long, long time ago..."

Is there a tag I can use to indicate "don't interpret this as a chord"? It's not a huge deal but it's a little confusing to have all the lyrics white except one letter.

Thanks,

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #709 by admin
This is not really a bug Mark.
If you dont wish the A to be highlighted you can do one of the following:
- Put another char beside the A so it is not recognised as chord eg. A.
- Turn off the automatic chord highlighting
- Use the editor to colour the A the same colour as your normal text

More
4 years 3 months ago #710 by NorfolkGreg
Replied by NorfolkGreg on topic Captial A is always interpretted as a chord.
Forgive me, but if the A is part of the lyrics and not a chord then it will count as a bug for any normal user.
Your solution: - Put another char beside the A so it is not recognised as chord eg. A.
is not acceptable as the word "A" is not the end of a sentence.
Your solution - Turn off the automatic chord highlighting
is not acceptable when one wants chords highlighted.
Your solution - Use the editor to colour the A the same colour as your normal text
is acceptable, but how do you do that. I see no facility for colouring text within the program's editor. I can delete the offending red A and re-enter it when it appears black,but as soon as the file is displayed during normal usage it gets turned red again.

May I suggest that you produce an update using the normal programmer's technique for this sort of problem. Introduce an "escape character", Typically a backslash would be employed and when this is placed immediately before the character you don;t want to be treated as a chord, the program will not display the escape character but will colour the "non chord" character black or white depending on the theme selected.

More
4 years 3 months ago #711 by NorfolkGreg
Replied by NorfolkGreg on topic Captial A is always interpretted as a chord.
Oops! Sorry new user and I missed that this has gone in the v3 area. My remarks refer to v2.52-full

More
4 years 3 months ago #712 by admin
Ok, that makes sense why you can not mark text with colours in the editor as that is only available in the v3 editor. In v3 the user also has the ability to change the regex expression used to detect chords which might be useful to you if you have knowledge in regards to regex.
There will be no further updates in v2 at all. I'll move this thread to the v2 area

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds