iRig BlueTurn does not work properly with LP2

• Roos
  • Roos's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #672 by Roos
I have spent a lot of time automating all my LP2 files with @!nn timing to make them scroll to the top of each verse and chorus and that works great - if the band is ready to start after the 15sec delay I put at the top of every song. If the band is not ready then I tap the reload button and then it works OK. So I bought an iRig Blue Turn pedal so I don't have to lean forward and tap the screen for this. The iRis has 3 modes. Mode 1 is half page up/down. Mode 2 is page up/down and mode 3 is up/down arrow. I initially tried the pedal in all 3 modes to get it to work the way I want it to. I want the peal to reload/next song. But it does not work that way at all. I then changed the external controller settings in option so that all the keys either do reload or next song. That does also not work.

When I open a set list and start the first song, the first press of the down/right pedal I get a green border around LP2. The second press does a half page scroll down and it continues half page down until the end of the song. Then it reverts to selecting the next song!

The up/left button also does strange things. The first press I get a green border around LP2. The second scrolls almost to the top and the 3rd press scrolls all the way to the top. But it is not reloading. My script automation continues so the scrolling tries to catch up with where the song would be without the page up. So the most important function for me is not working properly

This is quite weird and I am not wanting to use the pedal live as I am unsure of what is going to happen with each press of a button so I am back to using the old manual tapping of reload. It does this on both my Samsung J7 and my Galaxy Note 8 so appears not to be an OS issue.

I'm just a singer (and guitarist) in a Rock 'n Roll band

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #673 by admin
Sounds like you have not defined with a particular action will do in the LP2 options.
You need to specify what a received up arrow button will do

• Roos
  • Roos's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #674 by Roos
I have done the definitions and set half of the settings to RESTART and the other half to NEXT SONG so no matter what the pedal is set to, it should work. In LP3 I get UP/DOWN codes and it works properly when I set these up to RESTART/NEXT.

I'm just a singer (and guitarist) in a Rock 'n Roll band

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds