Selecting and starting a song from a setlist?

• cvanas
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #760 by cvanas
Hi.
I was wondering if I can load a setlist, view the list of songs contained in that set and then choose a song directly from the setlist and have it start playing.
I used this feature a lot to choose the songs I played in my sets in V2.
I could open a setlist named "party songs" for example and then scroll through and choose a song out of that setlist and start it playing immediately.
Also, is there an equivalent to 'Open Lyric' somewhere where I can scroll through my Lyricpad songs and select one to start playing?
Just trying to understand the changes in the V3 version of the program .
Thanks for the help!
Cam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #764 by PhilGnFla
Replied by PhilGnFla on topic Selecting and starting a song from a setlist?
Hey Cam. I'm new to LP3. Never used LP2. I have the same request. I have posted a redundant comment. So far, I see no way with the current Set List design to just pick and choose. I think you can skip songs, but it appears to just start with the first song and move through one at a time.. The only other option I have discovered is to not load a set list. Then, you basically "create a set list on the fly". You will see all the songs in your Band folder, and choose from those. I have it set up to load the song I choose. But then, when you're through with that song, you have to go back to the Add Song from the Band list. If I put all my songs in that band list, it would be a nightmare to find one song at a time. So, I think we need a new capability/feature related to set lists.
phil g.

• cvanas
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #765 by cvanas
Hi Phil.
Thanks for the reply.
I think I'm just going to go back to LP2. You should see if there is a way you can try it too if you already own LP3. It worked pretty good for me and I should have just left well enough alone. LP3 is a totally different program and not really the refinement of LP2 I had hoped it would be when I downloaded it. I do a single (guitar and voice) and alternate between just playing acoustic/voice and playing with backtrax. With LP2 I made a setlist with maybe 80-100 songs in them for venues I played regularly that I set up in sections like:

----acoustic---- (only lyrics and chords)
song 1
song 2
song 3.......etc

----acoustic with band----
song 1
song 2
song 3.....etc

----electric with band----
song 1
song 2...etc

What was great about LP2 was I could easily open the setlist at the end of a song, select a song and start it playing immediately (if I decided to play songs out of order in the setlist or play a request or whatever).
I could also go back to the main menu and open a lyric that might not be in the current setlist and play that by selecting it in the list of songs.
I could also just play the songs in the setlist order if I was on "auto pilot".
Really flexible.
It wasn't perfect but I was pretty happy with the way it was setup.
Anyways, maybe there's a way for you to try LP2 out if you are looking to play like I described. It's setup is very different from LP3 but for me, it was much better.
Cam.

More
3 years 1 month ago #766 by PhilGnFla
Well Cam, that is exactly the way I want to work. Flexible! I would like to select about 6-8 songs of the ones I have, put them in a "set list", then when I get to the (I'm only playing) open mic, I want to pick and choose which of those songs to play. Understanding if I change my mind when I get there, I may need to update the set list.
I was trying to just use the perform without a set list. That works OK BUT, it only lets you select songs from the "band" list you went into performance mode with. SO, I set up a new "band" called, "AA GIG". Then I had to go into file manager on my tablet and copy over the files I wanted to (maybe) use. That works, (sort of) until you decide to play a song from a different "band".

I almost downloaded LP2 first, but decided to go with the latest version. Oh well. At least I have a "work around".

phil

More
3 years 1 month ago #768 by PhilGnFla
UPDATE to using LP3 without a set list. In settings, turn off the "Add Song Screen - Band Filter" option. OR, on the "Add Song" screen, turn of the "band filter" (The crowd button, top right). This allows you to see all of your songs in all the Band folders

phil

More
3 years 1 month ago #770 by PhilGnFla
Cam. I have discovered this feature IS available. When you start Perform mode, load your set list. On the screen that shows your set list, you can long press on the screen to get your slide handles. The right side panel will be the list of songs in your setlist. Long press on any song to go to that song first. Then, when a song finishes. long press on the screen to show the slide handles. The right side panel will be your setlist. Long press any song to go to that song next.

phil

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds