3 Questions about v3 Beta

• Tipping
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #654 by Tipping
3 Questions about v3 Beta was created by Tipping
In the Beta 3 version, has the following issue been solved: blank line at the top of lyric page. It's a shame to lose a whole line when real estate is so valuable on the page.

I went on Google Play on my tablet and the Beta version is not available though I can see it from my desktop machine. How can I install the new version?

If this is not in the new version, then it's a request for the future version: control font leading and kerning.
Leading: vertical space between lines. Kerning: spacing between characters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #655 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 3 Questions about v3 Beta
Hi Tipping
Yes, the blank line issue does not exist in LP3.
The beta will show up in the play store in the "Early release" section but only for devices that are compatible. (ie. Android 5 and above)
Leading and Kerning has not been looked at as yet but it is something that I might be able to add. LP3 has a lot more user customisation available compared to LP2. eg. colours, margin sizes, etc

• Tipping
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #656 by Tipping
Replied by Tipping on topic 3 Questions about v3 Beta
Hi. Thanks for the quick answers. I really appreciate this app and am looking forward to the official v3. Is it coming soon?

Thanks for considering leading and kerning. It would be a plus to have a code we can insert ourselves within the page. There are times when I would apply it to only a section of the page. For example, w the font size code, I tend to make verses larger and choruses smaller. Choruses are easier to remember and am less likely to read in a live situation.

Oh, also midi control for page flip I think is a must. Better yet would be a unique identifier per song. (PC+CC would be one way to do it) I control an Axe FX II, a laptop, and lights via a foot controller. It'd be fantastic not to have to press any buttons on the tablet. ...especially on medleys or situations where my hands are on the guitar between songs. When I step on a song name on my controller and all my gear goes to the right preset. Lyric Pad is the only thing in my set up without this ability.

Thanks again for a great app and happy coding!

More
4 years 9 months ago #657 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 3 Questions about v3 Beta
Hi Tipping
LP Ver 3 is quite different from Ver 2. There is no longer any codes that get inserted in the page for anything. All editing is done in a word style text editor where you select text and apply formatting to the text.
Yes, Midi sending and recieving of PC and CC messages is on the todo list for LP3.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds