Unable to create database

• druidsong
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago #858 by druidsong
Unable to create database was created by druidsong
Lyricpad3, v3.16 on chromebook. A recent Os upgrade broke lyricpad badly. I could no longer see lrics pr set liss.

Using the technique described for Android, when THAT broke, I moved files to the new location. as specificed in the instructions for coping with that problem.

Lyricpad starts, but immediately complains about not being sable to create its daaabse. Attempting to rescan files hangs to app.

Rebooting the device doesn't change anything.

Looking at file perissions now. I'll update htis if there's anything interesting there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• druidsong
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago #859 by druidsong
Replied by druidsong on topic Unable to create database
I've resolved the problem. it was a bit convoluted:

- I copied EVERYTHING from the old Lyricpad folder to an external USB drive. (I used X-plore. Recommended.)
- Uninstalled lyricpad.
- Reinstalled Lyricpad
- Copied set lists, backing tracks and lyrics files back onto the tablet.
- Fired up Lyricpad. It "saw" things. All t lists are badk and lyrics files appear to all be present and intact.

There are remaining issues. With the file system changes in the ChromeOS update, my old backup/sync program doesn't work properly. (Not the developer's fault.) Copying things manually works, but doesn't automate well, making it a pain in the butt.

Along similar lines, if anyone knows of software compatible with boith Android and Chrome OS that will allow syncing selected folders between devices using those OSs, I'd like to hear about it. (NOt interested in syncing everything in the world, just stuff that would be handy to have on both my phone and tablet.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds