3.09 - Backing Tracks

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago - 1 year 2 months ago #616 by admin
3.09 - Backing Tracks was created by admin
Audio backing tracks can be played with a song and will commence playing when the song start milestone is reached on the Lyric Pad timeline
(refer TimeLine topic for more info on the timeline)

File Types
Lyric Pad supports the playback of the following file types:
  • FLAC - Mono/Stereo (no multichannel). Sample rates up to 48 kHz (but up to 44.1 kHz is recommended on devices with 44.1 kHz output, as the 48 to 44.1 kHz downsampler does not include a low-pass filter). 16-bit recommended; no dither applied for 24-bit - .flac
  • MP3 - Mono/Stereo 8-320Kbps constant (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR) - .mp3
  • PCM/WAV - 8- and 16-bit linear PCM (rates up to limit of hardware). Sampling rates for raw PCM recordings at 8000, 16000 and 44100 Hz - .wav
  • Ogg - Ogg vorbis - .ogg

File Storage
All backing tracks must be stored in the designated backing track folder on your device. By default this is /Android/data/com.dna.lyricpad3/files/Backing/ . Any audio file that is not within the designated backing track folder can not be played by Lyric Pad.

How to Instruct Lyric Pad to Play a Backing Track
  • Open the song in the Song editor (either in Performance Mode or Create Mode)
  • Select the Meta Data Info page
  • Press the edit button beside the "Backing Track" label
  • Select the backing track file that you wish to use
  • Save the changes in the editor and close the editor

Backing Track On Screen Control Bar
The backing track on screen control bar is only displayed when a backing track is playing. The user can tap at any point on the bar to change the playback location (very useful for practicing)

Enabling / Disabling Audio Playback
Lyric Pad has the ability to completely disable its backing track playback system. There is a toggle button for this in the Left Hand Side Slideout Bar and also the option in options. This is useful for users who practice with backing tracks but need a easy way to disable all of them when they perform live.

Help - Its Not Working
Things to check if your backing track is not playing:
  • Is my audio file in my specified backing track folder?
  • Have I selected the file in the Song Editor to tell Lyric Pad to play that file?
  • Is the volume on my device turned up?
  • Is the audio playback enabled in Lyric Pad? (refer to left side slideout bar)
If all of that looks fine it is often advisable to enable debug mode in settings, load the song and then check the debug log in settings. A lot of very useful information is displayed here which will provide information on what the issue is.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by dneilsen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds